Saturday, March 28, 2020

Knitting is my Passion....Along with Paper Crafts




     Ever since I retired from teaching, I wanted something to do. I sold my house and moved down south with my husband to Paradise (south Florida). Since teaching was my profession, and I loved crafting...I decided to teach crafts to people my age and older.
     So giving back to society and working with older adults seemed to be a perfect fit. I am a crafts instructor at assisted living and independent living communities.
     To keep me active at night, I knit. I donate hats to children in hospitals, the homeless, and knit blue hats to "Hat not Hate." This is an organization sponsored through Lion Brand Yarn which is an anti-bullying campaign. So far I've mailed them 60 hats. My goal this year is to knit and donate 100 hats. I only have about 5 more hats to go.
     Life is very challenging at times, but crafting keeps me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment